J'ai travaillé chez Explore Learning à temps partiel (Plus d'un an)
- The other tutors and centre directors were generally very nice and hard-working. I made some good friends while working at Explore.
- The tutor position teaches you a lot about working under time pressure and explaining things clearly and concisely. These skills have proved very useful since moving on to higher education and other jobs.
- You generally knew where you stood in terms of hours that were expected of you, and your availability was taken into account when deciding shifts, meaning that the work fit well around other commitments.
- There were opportunities for more responsibility if you chose to take them. Several tutors were trained in sales and customer service, and others took the chance to lead classes such as creative writing and "succeed in secondary". I led the creative maths classes and this was a real highlight for me.
- The pay wasn't great (especially for 16- and 17-year-old tutors)
- A big factor in why I chose to leave was that the new centre director didn't seem to be a great fit for the centre - she had a habit of talking down to people, and quickly alienated one of the assistant directors and several experienced tutors. The atmosphere in the centre felt quite different compared to that under the previous centre director. If you have the bad luck to be in this situation, your experience with the company may not be as good as it could be.
- Very rarely (though more often under the new director), I and other tutors were given shifts on days where we weren't available and had specifically indicated this, and were therefore responsible for finding cover, which left a bad taste in my mouth. (In general, though, the shifts were well planned-out and most tutors had a routine worked out with the directors that suited them and the centre well.)
Conseils à la direction
- Be positive, but not artificially so
- Take the time to build meaningful trust with the tutors
J'ai postulé en ligne. Le processus a pris 2 semaines. J'ai passé une entrevue à Explore Learning (Guildford, Angleterre (Royaume-Uni)) en février 2018.
One interview at a centre in my local area which consisted of an interview, role play and chance to meet the kids. Then attended an assessment centre which included an interview, role play, maths and literacy test, presentation and group task. Everyone was lovely and welcoming.
Questions d'entretien d'embauche