J'ai travaillé chez Holiday Extras en contrat permanent
Great career progression - if you're willing to work for it. I began in the Contact Center and worked my way up to the SEO team. I worked hard in order to move up, but I'd argue that's exactly how it should be. What's more I felt my hard work was rewarded.
I always felt like I was trusted in my role, which makes a huge difference to work output. Your ideas are always listened to, and if possible, people give you that opportunity to make it happen.
In addition, HX genuinely cares about it's employees - both in their working and personal lives.
I really miss HX and really enjoyed my time with the company.
Having started in the Contact Center, I know how tough that area of the business can be in comparison to the rest of the business due to the nature of the work however I do think that they are treated far better than other people in the same line of work.
Conseils à la direction
Keep doing what you're doing - keep pushing the values, maintain the culture as best you can and keep looking for ways to treat your staff because happy staff definitely makes for a successful company.
J'ai postulé en ligne. Le processus a pris +2 mois. J'ai passé une entrevue à Holiday Extras (Hythe, Kent, South East England, Angleterre (Royaume-Uni)) en juin 2015.
I applied online by submitting a CV and covering letter through Holiday Extra's own form on their
recruitment website. There were several stages to the interview process:
- A telephone interview where we discussed the role, team working and my interest in the job
- A technical task to be completed from home, taking roughly a working day
- Face-to-face interview with prospective line manager and HR representative
- Face-to-face interview with technical staff to discuss previously completed task and experience
- 'Meet the team' panel chat with a cross-section of technical staff
- 1:1 pairing on a current piece of work with an existing member of staff.
At each stage everyone was friendly and approachable making it a lot less stressful as interviewee. The process felt very thorough which gave me confidence in the other team members I could be working with.
The whole process took 2-3 months in total and there were points where I didn't hear any feedback for 2-3 weeks. This did make me think that I had not been successful.