Je travaille chez HubSpot à plein temps (Pendant plus de 5 ans)
- Clear, compelling mission to help small businesses around the world grow and control their own destiny
- "Root for the underdog" mentality
- Results-oriented environment where risk taking is encouraged and rewarded
- Extremely strong peer group
- Terrific customers whose lives we can meaningfully and visibly impact
- Competitive compensation
- Work/life flexibility (may depend on the role, but lots of work-from-home, remote, unconventional work patterns are often fine - unlimited vacation which generally seems to amount to a slightly generous normal vacation allowance)
- High growth means high pressure
- Tendency to focus on where we are weak/failing which can be exhausting at times
- Depending on the department your job can change meaningfully over the course of even a year (or faster) and it can be hard to get in a groove
Conseils à la direction
Double down on messaging around the mission and purpose of HubSpot. Newer folks don't always get the "why" the way the old guard does.
J'ai postulé en ligne. Le processus a pris 4+ semaines. J'ai passé une entrevue à HubSpot en juin 2017.
I applied through a job offer I found on LinkedIn. I received an email just a few days later inviting me to my first interview: recording a video of myself answering pre-established questions through a special app.
Once this step was completed, I received an email a few days later saying that I reached the next step: phone interview with a manager for about 30 minutes.
Finally, I was called the next day to tell me I've reached the final stage: 3 interviews in a row via video and one of them was about testing my the way I handled the HubSpot tool. I also had time to prepare these interviews, and they sent me a sample of questions I may be asked.
Questions d'entretien d'embauche